Re: How to secure access to WLAN?

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 16:25, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> One concern is that if somebody has a router with a connection to the
> Internet and my Access Point (which isn't bad in itself, as long as my
> packets can go either way), then my CUPS server would be accessible to
> the world, not what I desired, I wanted it only to be accessible to the
> machines connecting directly to the Access Point. Is there simple
> solution to this?

I'd like a more secure setup. I'd just take it as a fact that _many_
machines will want to connect to your access point and they _all_ act as
gateways for other machines on the internet which are _all_ loaded with
viruses and _all_ want to print hundreds and hundreds of pages on _your_
printer. Preferably when you're away from home. Furthermore, most, if
not all, machines are run by very skilled crackers. Really.

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!