Re: How to secure access to WLAN?

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 04:25:59PM +0200, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 October 2003 19:57, Mariano Kamp wrote:
> It's in a not-very-densely populated area,
> so if any of the neighbours would need some bandwidth...., I'll just
> monitor it to see if it gets out of the hand (it's like going over and
> ask "can I borrow a cup of bandwidth, please?" :-) Neighbours should do
> that for each other).

That's not what I'm concerned about.  What if a hacker somehow hacked
your credit card info and made a whole bunch of purchases, and they come
from your own IP!  Admiteddly, nobody is evil enough to think of hacks
like this, but nobody was evil enough to fly a plane into a building for
a long time.  Things have a way of approaching maximal nastiness.

I can think of 1000 other things J. Random Hacker could do damaging that
I wouldn't want to appear to be coming from my house.