Re: Spamassassin

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 03:44, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> So, I would strongly recommend you just manually save the spam to a
> folder for some time now, and build your spam database from there.

Don't forget that spamassassin is building it's heuristics database with
every email that you get, so it's learning about your ham with every
good message that you get. Since you're subscribed to a high-volume
email list, there's a large corpus right there. So, saving off your
uncaught spam to do a bulk ``sa-learn'' with isn't as hopeless a job as
it would first appear. I have found that running it against as few as 50
uncaught spams has dramatically reduced the amount of spam I get in my
inbox. I had been getting a couple of particular spams per day, and
after about a week, I taught spamassassin, and now I'm back down to one
or two spams a week. The bottom line here is not to worry if you don't
have thousands of spams to feed to spamassassin, you can get it to work
much better on just tens of them.

Regards,
dk