Re: Spamassassin

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 22:54, Naitik Shah wrote:
> I've got procmail piping mail through spamassassin (about that, is it
> better to use spamc? )

By all means, if you understand the security risks (see /etc/default/
spamassassin and read the mentioned README) and don't think they are a
problem, use it. It's speeding up the process quite a lot.

> From what I understand spamassassin learns all
> the time. Is this automatic and default? Or do I need to give it a
> folder filled with spam to analyze?

You need to bootstrap the bayesian filter with at least 250 spam and quite a
lot of "good" mails. Before you've reached this mark, it will only apply
standard filters. See the manpage for sa-learn for details on how to feed it
data.

--
Got Backup?