Re: Spamassassin

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 09:55:03PM +0000, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:54:49 -0400, Naitik Shah <naitik@gamebox.net> penned:
> > I've got procmail piping mail through spamassassin (about that, is it
> > better to use spamc? ). From what I understand spamassassin learns all
> > the time. Is this automatic and default? Or do I need to give it a
> > folder filled with spam to analyze?
> >
> > Naitik.
> >

> My understanding is that you need to run sa-learn to have it learn.
>
> Something like:
>
> sa-learn --spam --mbox mail/my_mailbox
>
> you can also use the --nonspam option to train it to recognize
> *legitemate* mail.

I'd like to ask a question of spamassassin users:

Do you have to "visually scan" spamassassin logs or output folders, to
"make sure" it's doing the right thing?

[I'm interested in this from a philosophical perspective.  Read "The
Illusion of Technique" by William Barrett and the scheduling algorithm
which broke down because people go to the bathroom at random intervals
:-)]