Re: Spamassassin

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:41:29 -0700
Tom <tb.nospam@comcast.net> wrote:
> I'd like to ask a question of spamassassin users:

> Do you have to "visually scan" spamassassin logs or output folders, to
> "make sure" it's doing the right thing?

    Depends on the score SA assigns to the message.  Between 5 and 8 it gets
reviewed.  Over 8 it was rejected at SMTP.  I normally don't see legit mail
over 5 and if it is it is very close to 5.  5.6 was the highest in recent
memory.  On top of that the number of legit mail that has been tagged over 5
in the past 2 months I can still count on one hand.

    I watched it like a hawk for the first 2-3 weeks to see exactly what was
going on.  After perusing several thousand messages and seeing one, maybe two,
barely tagged false-positives I was content with its ability to get it right.