Re: Holy Spam!

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 08:33:33PM +0100, Carlos Sousa wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 12:13:28 -0400 (EDT) Jon Earle wrote:
> >
> > I've been forced to change my email address, thanks to the debian mailing
> > list.
>
> No, it was thanks to spam. You're confusing the issues here. The Debian
> list is not the enemy, spammers are.

The exact same thing happened to me last week (used my real email by
mistake; started tons of spam).  I too changed my email.

The strange thing is the "list-only" account I normally posted to the
list with gets no spam at all.  Either the harvesters somehow
distinguish between subscribed and unsubscribed emails, or the .nospam
in my name is throwing them.

Does anyone else not get spam on their mailing list alias?