Re: Do we really need to worry about viruses

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 08:48, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
[snip]
> I think that a lot of users tend to switch to using root because they
> cannot achieve simple tasks with their "normal" user. For instance
> writing cd's. It would help if there is a doc that explains how users

You mentioned sudo.  Paul Johnson mentioned 'su -m'.  This works
*great* is you want to have an xterm window logged in as root, and
run a GUI app from it.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"You can either have software quality or you can have pointer
arithmetic, but you cannot have both at the same time."
Bertrand Meyer