Re: Anyone else notice that Swen is slowing down?

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 08:02:00AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Kjetil writes:
> > Scenario: A perl script deleting all the files in the homedir of
> > infected users, spreading to all the contacts that is in user's
> > addressbooks. This would likely include all the homedirs of all the
> > users in an organization...
>
> Unless the admins were sensible and had mounted /home noexec on all
> company machines.

What's the point of noexec? You can say '/lib/ld-linux.so.2 myprogram'
even if it isn't a script that you can just run using the scripting
language's interpreter.

> BTW what Linux email software allows users to run executable
> attachments by clicking on them?

I thought mh used to, once upon a time (although if I'm even remembering
the right program at all this has long been fixed).