Re: Anyone else notice that Swen is slowing down?

Kjetil writes:
> But you run the risk of making a lot of unpriviliged power users very
> angry if you do that.

Such power users should be able to have the noexec removed on request.  Of
course, they will be given a lecture and if they screw up will get no
sympathy.

> But I think I'll run home to mom and dad and do that on their
> machine... :-)

They are exactly who it is for.

> I think that's the wrong question to ask... I think the question is "will
> Linux vendors obey a market that wants executeable files to be executed
> from email software if the user clicks on it?"

Does the market really want that?  Why?  (That's an honest question.  While
I know this feature exists on Windows, I've never seen an example of what
it is for.)
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)