802.11(b|a|g) cards in Linux

I've been looking more at getting a wireless card for my laptop lately
as my university is now nearly 100% covered with wifi access. I know
that there is already good support for 802.11b cards available, but I'd
prefer to go with something more modern. Preferably either a 802.11g
card, or a combo 802.11a/b card. But I'm wondering how good the support
I can expect is. Is anyone successfully using any combo cards or a g
card in Linux? Any particular things to look out for? Recommended
brands, chipsets, etc?

Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837