Re: upgrade a packge

Can you post all replies to the list, not just to me.
Thanks.

How did you install Debian in the first place? If
you've been running a straight stable system there
should be no problems.

BUT, you started this post talking about running an
apt-get upgrade so are you migrating upwards from
potato? Then you could try an 'apt-get dist-upgrade'
first.

You can try making extra copies of the first two lines
of /etc/sources.list with the words potato and stable
replaced with testing, and other copies where they're
replaced with unstable. This will not upgrade you
beyond stable unless you ask specifically for it. You
can then try 'apt-get install -t testing perl' or even
'apt-get install -t unstable perl'

 --- Vivek Kumar <vivek@gorave.net> wrote: > Here are
contents from /etc/apt/sources.list. I