Re: Getting Radio/TV on Debian.

Stephan Balmer wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 03:20:15PM +0800, Russ Pitman wrote:
>
> The card is crap, I knew that when I bought it. (Couldn't miss the price though.)
>
> > With the 2.6.Kernels, I installed both test2 and test4 images from the
> > archives.
> > Both failed to find the network or the mouse on bootup and starting gpm
> > and networking from the command line failed. I could get the network up
> > by reinstalling it but never succeeded with the mouse.
> You have to load the modules for the mouse, try
>  modprobe psmouse
> or
>  modprobe hid
> for USB-mice.
>

> > Midnight Commander was fine on tty1 and couldnt produce proper line
> > characters on any other tty. Wierd.
> Wierd indeed...
>

> > Modconf doesn't find any modules to insert.
> Modconf doesn't work with 2.6 kernels yet(?). :(
>

> > Xconfig is now Qt based and I couldn't find any of the help files normally
> > available in the old display.
> As for configuring X, I do it with
>  dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
> but YMMV...

My error here, I was referring to "make xconfig"

> > I built four kernels from test2 source. They behaved simiarly.
>

> > After 2/3days the original problem seem to have fallen off the radar :-))
> > Maybe just return the card with thanks and start afresh.
> Yep, I removed the card and will try again with kernel 2.6.10 :)

To stay OT I ditched the Prolink for a Flyvideo 3000 which at least works
under another OS I tested on and other members of the W.A PLUG user group
have had some success with it. We'll see.

BTW modprobe ps2mouse loaded a module but the mouse stayed at home :-)
2.6.xx kernels suck at this time.

--
Cheers
Russ.