Re: apt-get dist-upgrade wants to remove too much??

On Wednesday 01 October 2003 06:19, Ken wrote:
> I have appended the console output apt-get -u dist-upgrade produces
> below.  If let run, it will remove a whole lot of packages that I want
> to keep.

I had a similar problem with a Debian testing/unstable mix. Some of the system
libraries, most notably the glibc seem to have changed. Have a look at the
requirements of some "low-level" packages marked for removal by dist-upgrade
like the kdelibs and check the versions of those libs. Update as required
(should work since most programs just depend on versions ">=") and the
removal list should get cut noticeably. Repeat this as necessary. IIRC, all I
had to do here was to install an updated version of the glibc.

--
Got Backup?