Re: Mutt + Vim tricks (replace Nano)

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 02:58:53PM +0000, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:51:35 -0700, Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> penned:
>
> I just created the following last night.  ctrl-j aligns the paragraph to
> 78 chars; ctrl-k makes it flow; use ':let my_tw=x' before ctrl-L
> to align it to some arbitrary number.
>
> " Ctrl-J/K formats the current paragraph
> " gggqG would do the whole file
> map <C-J> :let old_tw = &tw<CR>:set tw=78<CR>gqap:let &tw=old_tw<CR>

that seems to work, but only if in normal mode.  Is it possible to
detect the current mode and if in INSERT then still work and return in
INSERT mode?

I'm finding with vim as my mail editor I jump in and out of insert mode
for things that are kind of basic.  I miss from Nano:

Control-A/Contrl-E for ^ and $

Control-J to justify

Control-W to toggle wrap mode (which would be toggle paste mode in
  Vim)

Control-K to kill a link.

And maybe Control-U to undo

Thanks,