Mutt + Vim tricks (replace Nano)

I'm looking for a little quick-start help with Vim (in converting from
Nano).

Can someone share their vim setup used with email?  The features I care
about

- Justify text and respect any ">" quote marks.  ^J in Nano.
  operates on a paragraph (command "gq}", but mapped to ^J)

- Unjustify (which is just undo in vim, I suppose)

- Paste in text with options:
    - wrap/no wrap (sometimes pasting URLs or code that should not wrap)
    - indent pasted text
    - paste in with "> " quote marks.

- Spell a selected word or paragraph (although I can spell from Mutt, too)

Plus, I'm looking for those features you feel you can't live without
when working with email.  Basically, additional tips for getting the most
from Vim as my email editor.

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley