Re: Access fat-partition as user?

Hi,

Make sure you have the partition in your /etc/fstab, it has to look
something like this:

/dev/hda3	/data		vfat	user,uid=1000,rw,exec,devmode=0666

Now all you gotta do is type

"mount /data"

as normal user in terminal/shell. Note that you're not supposed to type
"mount /dev/hda3 /data" because only root can do that. But every user is
allowed to mount the devices specified in your fstab.

MJ