Re: evolution fonts

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 15:17, Ashish Ariga wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 16:13, Micha Feigin wrote:
> > How do I change the fonts for evolution?
> > There seem to be options only for the message fonts, but I want to change
> > the folder and subject list fonts. I tried from the gnome-control center,
> > but it changes the fonts only for the current session. When I restart X the
> > settings are forgotten. I am guessing that this is the idea but I am not
> > running something on startup. I am running flwm with xsession so this
> > apparently is not done automatically.
> > Thanx
> >

> After login, run "gnome-font-properties" and close it.
> See the new list of processes (daemons) that it leaves behind.
> Those need to be running for Evolution to get it's fonts.
> Then start Evolution and things will look pretty.
>
> If there is a better way I'd REALLY like to know.

> | I keep on working for the same reason a hen keeps on laying eggs.|

I tried that solution, but it didn't work. From playing around I found
another solution, running gnome-settings-daemon. This solves the
problem, but it seems to be somewhat of an over kill as it loads some
extra things and take up about 10M of memory when all I want is the font
settings.
Anyone have any ideas how to load only the font setting without all the
rest of the daemons?