Re: Kernel Oops (was Re: Lots of scary segfaults)

On Monday 29 September 2003 22:06, Juri Haberland wrote:
> Though I don't know much about kernel opps messages I still recommend
> to check you RAM, e.g. with memtest86, as it might be just a bit
> flipped due to failed memory.

Oh, yes, that's right, I forgot. Thanks. However, it requires taking it
down, and that is a bit... uhm... I was hoping to avoid that more than
necessary... :-)

How about memtest...? This box is under some load, but usually not too
bad, would it be a good idea to run it overnight? How would I go about
to test a much as possible of my memory with it?

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo