Lots of scary segfaults

Hi all!

Last night, the cronjob on my main server reported this:
/etc/cron.daily/mailman:
/etc/cron.daily/mailman: line 14: 15009 Segmentation fault      su -s
/bin/sh list -c "/usr/bin/python /var/lib/mailman/cron/checkdbs"
/etc/cron.daily/mailman: line 20: 15010 Segmentation fault      su -s
/bin/sh list -c "/usr/bin/python /var/lib/mailman/cron/senddigests"
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/mailman exited with return code 139
/etc/cron.daily/tetex-bin:
/usr/bin/mktexlsr: line 122: 15401 Segmentation fault      \ls -LRa
2>/dev/null
/etc/cron.daily/updatedb:
/etc/cron.daily/updatedb: line 213: 15458 Segmentation fault      $find
$SEARCHPATHS \( $prunefs_exp -type d -regex "$PRUNEREGEX" \) -prune -o
-print

It is a Woody system, mostly (SpamAssassin is upgraded often.
/etc/cron.daily/updatedb is a simple symlink to /usr/bin/updatedb, and
that segfaults if I run it from the command line too).

I really don't know where to start.... I've been away for some time, and
the only thing I have done since I returned yesterday is to upgrade the
ssh package. Other than that, I have barely touched this system for
three weeks... However, since I was away, it has taken me some days to
upgrade ssh... I haven't been rooted, have I?

If I chkrootkit, I get
Checking `lkm'... /usr/sbin/chkrootkit: line 2091: 22118 Segmentation
fault      $BIN/chkproc
Warning: Possible LKM Trojan installed

So, there is a segfault there too, but I guess this really doesn't imply
there is a trojan, but that this is a consequence of the same problem
as above.

Any ideas?

Best,

Kjetil