Re: raid1 and lilo second disk doesn't boot

hi ya rudy

your setup looks good ...

what is your partition type from "fdisk /dev/sda"
	- it should be raid ( linux raid type )

lilo.conf looks correct  for boot= and root=
( "correct" ==  the way i do it and works for me )
	- nothing wrong with lilo.conf

- other last issue is that is just a dumb lilo problem
  and nothing to do with raid
	( a few painful experiments )

	- try using "linear" instead of lba32

	- you can also try removing "install="

	- you should remove "raid-extra-boot"
	( i haven't seen it before )

- it's a good test you're doing to disconnect sda
  to see if its boots .. also repeat with a disconnected sdb
	- and verify that written data to one disks
	is sync'd to the other disk when its "reconnected"

	watch it syncing with "cat /proc/mdstat"

- last option is to use syslinux or grub instead of lilo

c ya
alvin