confused about /dev/input/mice

Hi

Im not sure if I got that right. Every mouce device accessed through HID can
be accessed via /dev/input mice. Is that right?

Im experiencing some problems here. I try to setup my laptop wich has an
internal touchpad, connected via PS/2, and an external Logitech mouse
connected via USB. I run a debian kernel 2.6.0-test4 here. Getting the USB
mouse to work was no problem: loading the uhci_hcd.ko and the hid.ko kobject
file and the mouse worked perfectly and i can use it via /dev/input/mice. My
problem is the touchpad. HID successfully detect it if i insert psmouse.ko i
get:

Synaptics Touchpad, model: 1
 Firware: 5.9
 Sensor: 37
 new absolute packet format
 Touchpad has extended capability bits
 -> multifinger detection
 -> palm detection
input: Synaptics Synaptics TouchPad on isa0060/serio1

I can do on my touchpad what i want the cursor does not move. Whats the
problem here? Should the touchpad be accessed via another node? Or isn't it
propper detected? I thought /dev/input/mice should make the mouce transparent
to userspace programms like X or gpm...

cheers,
Raffaele
--