Re: Fonts in gvim

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 12:10:34AM -0500, Kenneth Pronovici wrote:
> I personally don't care about fancy antialised fonts in my text editor.
> I just want my "6x13" font back, and I don't want to have to build my
> own version of vim just to get it.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get that xterm font to show up in the GTK2
> version of Vim that's in unstable?

You don't.  From the :help -->

'guifont' 'gfn'		string	(default "")
			global
			{not in Vi}
			{only available when compiled with GUI enabled}
	This is a list of fonts which will be used for the GUI version of Vim.
<elided>
	For the GTK+ 2 GUI the font name looks like this: >
	    :set guifont=Andale\ Mono\ 11
<	That's all.  XLFDs are no longer accepted.

So... either you build a GTK1/Motif/xaw vesion of the package, you build it
from sources yourself, or you find a font that's both known to fontconfig
and that you can live with.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Gates' Law: Every 18 months, the speed of software
 msw@cox.net |     halves.