Jpg's to mpg

I am trying to convert a bunch of jpg files to a mpg file. I used this command:

  $ convert *.jpg test.mpg
  sh: line 1: mpeg2encode: command not found
  convert: Delegate failed (mpeg2encode "%i" "%o").
  convert: Delegate failed (mpeg2encode "%i" "%o") [No such file or directory].

I checked and found that the package ucbmpeg has mpeg_encode. So, I
symlinked it to mpeg2encode. When I tried it, I got the following error:

  Usage:  mpeg_encode [options] param_file
          -stat stat_file:  append stats to stat_file
          -quiet n:  don't report remaining time for at least n seconds
          -realquiet:  output nothing at all if successful
          -no_frame_summary:  suppress frame summary lines
          -float_dct:  use more accurate floating point DCT
          -gop gop_num:  encode only the numbered GOP
          -combine_gops:  combine GOP files instead of encode
          -frames first_frame last_frame:  encode only the specified frames
          -combine_frames:  combine frame files instead of encode
          -nice:  run slave processes nicely
          -max_machines num_machines:  use at most num_machines machines
          -snr:  print signal-to-noise ratio
          -bit_rate_info rate_file:  put bit rate in specified file
          -mv_histogram:  show histograms of motion vectors
  convert: Delegate failed (mpeg2encode "%i" "%o").
  convert: Delegate failed (mpeg2encode "%i" "%o") [No such file or directory].

A search on debian.org/distrib/packages did not reveal any package
containing the file mpeg2encode. Where can I find one? Or is this a bug
in convert/imagemagick?

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

I told my kids, "Someday, you'll have kids of your own."  One of them said,
"So will you."
		-- Rodney Dangerfield