Re: Spamassassin Configuration

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 02:33:28PM +0200, Willem-Jan Meijer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> At this moment I'm receiving loads of spam, mostly with virusses included on
> my postfix mail server. I downloaded and installed spamassassin and amavis
> with Clam antivirus, but I don't know how to configure. The manual on the
> site of spamassassin is for version 2.5 and higher, but I'm using the
> debian-standard 2.2 version of spamassassin. Can someone help me cofiguring
> spamasassin so that I get rid of those ms security-mails?

As others have noted, virus traffic is not actually the same as
spam-traffic, and you might want a particular tool for each job...

That being said, what worked for me was to grab a backport of
spamassassin 2.55 for woody from  http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/debian
(It's listed in apt-get.org)
and then I added these two lines to /etc/spamassassin/local.cf:
score   MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE    5
score   HTML_RELAYING_FRAME     3

That catches most of the annoying virus traffic, and what leaks through
I process with sa-learn to educate SA's Bayesian filters.

	HTH
--