Re: Question on GPG

On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 06:32:22PM -0400, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> Rene Engelhard wrote:
> | Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> |
> |>Is there a way to get rid of them from the keyservers?
> |

> | Unless you have revocation certificates for them (what I doubt....),
> | no, no way...
>
> No.  I hadn't reached that part of the HowTo before I deleted them.
> Will this negatively impact the validity or effectiveness of the
> certificate I am using now?

As I understand it, no.  The only thing that I can see might be
annoying is if somebody encrypts something for you, using one of your
old test keys.  You won't be able to open it, and you'll have to send
them a message saying "no, you need *this* key"...

Even that probably won't come up, though. Anyone who fetches a key will
probably be doing so because they've received a signed message from
you, so they'll fetch the public key that matches the key-ID on the
signature.

	Cheers
--