RE: Spamassassin Configuration

Vineet Kumar <mailto:vineet@doorstop.net> schreef op zaterdag 27 september
2003 18:47:

> * Willem-Jan Meijer (willem-jan@computerdokter-groenlo.nl) [030927
> 06:54]:
>> My antivirus is working well, but all those MS mails are very
>> annoying Better delete before seeing it :)
>
> Consider, at least temporarily, blocking anything with an exe
> attachment at smtp time.  I started this a few days ago on my mail
> server (after clearing it with all of my users first, of course --
> I'm not _that_ much of a BOFH) and it's been great.
>
> I'm using exim4.  Andreas Metzler's packages (the stable backports)
> include exiscan-acl.  I wonder how I ever lived without it!  Now I've
> got a multi-tiered approach.  Black- and white-lists, block all
> exe:vbs:scr:... attachments, and everything else goes through clamav.
> All at smtp time.  So far, this has reduced the annoyance to the
> misplaced bounces; we haven't seen any of the actual virus here at
> all. (My rejectlog is getting large, though ;)
>
> I did think (and still do think) that filename-based-blocking is
> pretty lame, but recently it's been saving my clamscan from GiB of
> traffic. All of my users said that they don't expect any attachments
> of those extensions anyway, and have expressed relief at being able
> to use their email again.  I'll probably lift the
> filename-based-block once the noise dies down (if it ever does ...
> let's see a show of hands of those who still get nimda nad code red
> in their error_logs!) and just leave it up to clam -- which by the
> way, was recognizing the virus as Gibe.F from the first day, as quick
> as the "big boys".  Kudos to the clam team and community!
>
> good times,
> Vineet
> --
> http://www.doorstop.net/

I'm a noob with mail server - i started for about 3 weeks ago with it
I don't understand the configuration and implementation of it. I'm a
student with tons of things to do at this moment. The only thing I want
is a simple mail filter that just picks the ms mail bomb out of it.
the amount of spam is very low except this one.

Can someone give me a howto for this version of spamassassin to do the
trick?

HTH,

-WJ