Re: Debian Desktop for a Joe Average

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 19:13, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (28/09/03 00:39), Peter Nuttall wrote:
> > On Sunday 28 Sep 2003 12:19 am, Edward Murrell wrote:
[snip]
> > If you are looking for these things, could I recommend mandrake linux over
> > debian. IMHO debian is for the power user who is ready to fiddle with text
> > files and the shell. Mandrake is good for people who just want it to work.
> People seem to have good things to say about Libranet which is Debian
> based but with much of what you are looking for.  Or you could look at
> Knoppix.

Libranet and/or Knoppix.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty: power is ever
stealing from the many to the few. The manna of popular liberty
must be gathered each day, or it is rotten... The hand entrusted
with power becomes, either from human depravity or esprit de
corps, the necessary enemy of the people. Only by continual
oversight can the democrat in office be prevented from hardening
into a despot: only by unintermitted agitation can a people be
kept sufficiently awake to principle not to let liberty be
smothered in material prosperity... Never look, for an age when
the people can be quiet and safe. At such times despotism, like
a shrouding mist, steals over the mirror of Freedom"
Wendell Phillips