Re: Lots of scary segfaults

Thanks for the quick response!

On Saturday 27 September 2003 16:21, Russell Shaw wrote:
> fsck the disk.

OK! However, physical access to this computer is a complex issue, and to
run fsck on the / and /usr partitions (which are the most obvious
places to look), I can't think of a way to unmount them without having
to reboot from a rescue system. Is there a way, or is there a way to
check without unmounting?

>Find a specific program that segfaults. Reinstall the
> program. If it still segfaults, then ldd <prog> to find its
> libraries. Check or reinstall the libraries. Run ldconfig and check
> for errors.

OK, so most likely, it is a damaged binary?

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo