Re: ACPI gnome applet for battery

Thanks for your replies.

The applet is in gnome-applets 2.2.2-2

This battery applet works through APM only (the package depends on the `libapm' libray)
I am looking for an applet that works through ACPI.

You are incorrect. It works (on my computer, right now) with acpi as
well.

Yes. But I just found out that you need to run kernel 2.4.22 (at least
in some circumstances).

with ACPI enabled (and APM disabled)

 Installed it a few minutes ago and wham! the
battery applet started to work, as did thermal info (with acpi -V).

Please can you confirm that this applet takes a lot of cpu times
as on my laptop.
Of course in this case this applet is a contradiction by itself.

Thanks,
Jerome