Re: ACPI gnome applet for battery

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 11:17, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> Thanks for your replies.

> >>You are incorrect. It works (on my computer, right now) with acpi as
> >>well.
> >

> > Yes. But I just found out that you need to run kernel 2.4.22 (at least
> > in some circumstances).
>
> with ACPI enabled (and APM disabled)

Indeed.

>   Installed it a few minutes ago and wham! the
> > battery applet started to work, as did thermal info (with acpi -V).
> >
> Please can you confirm that this applet takes a lot of cpu times
> as on my laptop.
> Of course in this case this applet is a contradiction by itself.

Well, what is a lot? I think I can confirm this. It takes a constant
3.0% on my 2.8Ghz, which would be about 17% on my previous 500Mhz
laptop. I would consider that a lot, yes.

Maybe a bug report?

David

PS: Sorry, I sent this to you personally by mistake.

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!