Re: Exim (was Re: spam software)

Ross Boylan wrote:
On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 03:43:13PM +1000, Russell Shaw wrote:

all From and Reply-To headers only on mail that is sent out the smtp
transport to my dialup isp. However, exim3 doesn't let you rewrite
envelope addresses on per-transport rewrites. The only other option
is to use the rewrite rule in the "generic" section of exim.conf.
This applies the rule to every local message floating around the system,
so its effects are too undefined for my liking.

Does exim4 allow envelope rewriting on only an smtp outgoing
mail transport?

Yes.  I use this feature ini an exim4 installation.  But I see it
described in the exim3 book on p 177: "a new generic transport option
called headers_rewrite was added to Exim for release 3.20."

There is more detail on P.342.

I have this in exim.conf:

remote_smtp:
    driver = smtp