Re: spam software

Paul Johnson wrote:
Please reply on list.  Please do not top post.  http://learn.to/quote/

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 10:28:49AM -0400, Vivek Kumar wrote:

Thanks.. I got it. I was reading the docs and it seems there is no
configuration/install help for sendmail ?? Is there any docs/help for
sendmail configuration. I am sorry to bother you. I am new to Debian and
linux world so pardon my questions.

http://www.procmail.org/ might have information.  Sendmail is a real
bitch, I *strongly* recommend you use sa-exim and exim4, as this
really makes life easy.

Is exim4 any better than exim3? Exim3 is very vague on header re-writing
rules for dialup pop3 accounts (it seems to be an afterthought-cludge).
I'm trying out postfix now.

Also, i've been filtering M$ spam with mailfilter by deleting anything >100kB.
Unfortunately, you can't AND conditions together like procmail.
Is there a thing like mailfilter that can AND conditions and delete
the spam in the pop3 box before download?