Filtering spam at the POP3 server

Hi

I've been playing with mailfilter (using Pigeon's recent post) to
remove the assorted MS spam at the server with a view to using
spamassassin or other local solution for the other crap one receives.

The major drawback with mailfilter is that it deletes offending
messages automatically without giving you a chance to change your
mind - a problem for people like me who may not be adept at regex ;)
I know you can enable TEST which allows you to run mailter without
it deleting stuff but it is then a long winded process going back and
forth editing and re-editing the rc file.

Googling around, I found SaveMyModem (smm) which seems to have some
powerful features over and above what mailfilter does.  Searching the
list reveals a brief mention as follows:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200309/msg03215.html

There is an unofficial debian repository for smm on woody:

deb http://savemymodem.sourceforge.net/debian ./
deb http://www.cs.unibo.it/~tassi/debian ./

and the package is described at:

http://savemymodem.sourceforge.net/

Given the volume of this stuff that list subscribers are receiving, is
a good solution?  ie.  Do those more experienced among you rate it?

Regards

Clive

--
http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk