Proper SMTP server setup - was Anti-Spam ideas for usenet/list harvested email addresses

Jacob Anawalt wrote:
> Doesn't some spam come directly from an individual running SMTP from
> their box to yours? I'm pretty sure this is the case for the
> W32/Swen@MM's email spreading methods.

I have exactly this configuration. Our e-mail is hosted off-site on another server, but I have configured an Postfix server to send all our outgoing mail. Is there a "proper" way I should configure our internal server and/or domain registration so we don't appear to be a spammer - since a reverse lookup would fail and my internal SMTP server does not accept mail at this time?

Daniel