Re: Anti-Spam ideas for usenet/list harvested email addresses

Arnt Karlsen wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:16:38 -0600 (MDT), "Jacob Anawalt" <jacob@cachevalley.com> wrote in message <[🔎] 1141.192.168.1.4.1064344598.squirrel@scsi-burn.office>:

Compare this to the "dog chasing cars" method of inventing a new
filter rule that looks through the MIME data to decide if this is the
latest worm you don't want or the kissing picture that you do. Sure
it's cool to be a geek and figure out the rules. If you like doing
this, do it.

..another option is "blow up the road": http://www.ordb.org/submit/

I laughed at this at first, taking it as a "Jacob, this is about as dumb an idea as blowing up the road to your house", but then after seeing the link was to their open relay form, I was stumped.

Do you mind shedding some more light on this for me if you were not trying to be light hearted? Thanks.

--
Jacob