ls: filename: Input/output error

Hello all,
   Thanks in advance for any helps.
   When I list the content of a directory, I can't see the file.
   But when I execute "ls -al filename", I got "Input/output error".
   I just wonder, can I remove this file by using commands like
"debugfs"?
   If yes, can I do it without shutting down my server, because it's a
live environment?
   If no, what is the right way to remove this file? Or maybe fix it?
   Thanks.

Regards,
Simon.

--
Simon Tneoh Chee-Boon MyBiz International Limited
Tel: (60)3-2713-8181    Fax: (60)3-2713-8811