Re: radeon opengl help

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 21:20, Mark Roach wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 14:53, David Fokkema wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 20:31, Mark Roach wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > Any suggestions or documentation anyone can give would be much
> > > appreciated, documentation especially as I would like to actually
> > > understand how all this stuff works...
> >
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > Add this to your sources.list:
> >
> > # DRI
> > deb http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-sid/ ./
> >
> > and apt-get drm-trunk-module-src. Then read all about this in
> > /usr/share/doc/drm-trunk-module-src.
>
> hmm, there's not really a lot of info there... I thought drm was bad :-)

Checking... Oops, no. However, it mentions to use kpkg (kernel-package)
and tells you to read kernel-package/README.modules. If you do that,
it's rather straightforward. Outline:

	- compile your own kernel using kpkg. Just download the sources 	  for
your current kernel and recompile it.
	- unpack the drm-trunk in /usr/src and follow the instructions 	  in
kernel-package/README.modules. You will end up with two 	  debs: your
kernel and the drm-trunk-modules. Install them both 	  and it simply
works.

HTH,
David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!