Re: OT: Martin Krafft - mail bouncing

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 05:55:20PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> I already use all of these (plus ordb.org), but most of the spam
> (and most of the virus crap) is filtered by dynablock.

Did you try putting dynablock at the end of the list, so as to check
if some dynablock rejects wouldn't be caught by the others first?

> I don't see why people don't relay via their ISPs. Is there one good
> reason?

Sure: the smarthost doesn't work well, the ISP doesn't care, and for
example, in the state of São Paulo, you either get a wireless connection
(and that depends on where you are, and you need to be in a tall
building), or you get DSL from Telefonica (ask anyone from Brazil abou
them...) -- and what they call a "business" DSL connection doesn't even
stay up 24/7. They disconnect you periodically so you have to
authenticate again. Aaargh!
We really should have more options. :-(
There are other problems too, like, we have to pay the DSL provider,
plus another ISP (dumb politics), the DSL provider doesn't offer SMTP
hosts. Some people say they don't need anything but the DSL provider,
and then they send email from their own servers...

Anyway -- the situation is a mess, but the point is, quite some
legitimate business are blocked by DULs.

J.