console-tools setup problem

I have a Sid box that has been giving me this error after every apt-get session
for about a week now:

Setting up general console font... set_kernel_font: Invalid argument
failed.

I have uninstalled (purged) and reinstalled, downgraded to the testing version,
and google searched.  Nothing has helped, especially the Google search which
returns all hits in foreign languages I don't speak.  Can someone provide a
pointer here?

Also, I am updating this machine via SSH, if that makes any sort of difference.
I also have a home rolled 2.4.22 kernel on the machine.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es