mouting a smb share with linux

Hi,

i recently installed samba on my server and made it a PDC. I can log in
and access the shares fine from xp. I share the home dir, the tmp and
the mp3 dir. (The smb.conf is shown below). My hostname in linux is the
same as the hostname in windows and is the one i added to the samba
server in order to provide the domain logon functionality of the samba
PDC.

I want to access the shares from my linux machine as well.
My kernel options:
CONFIG_SMB_FS=y
CONFIG_SMB_NLS=y

I try to mount the share as:
sudo mount -t smbfs -o username=benedict,password=xyz //arthur/mp3 /mnt

I get this message:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //arthur/mp3,
      or too many mounted file systems

When i try as root and leave the -t smbfs
mount -o username=benedict,password=xyz //arthur/mp3 /mnt
mount: fs type smb not supported by the kernel

This is a weird error since the kernel is configured for the smb
filesystem. How can i mount the shares anyway?

Thanks for any answers,
Benedict

====== SMB CONF =======

[global]
  ;basic server settings
  workgroup = CAMELOT
  netbios name = ARTHUR
  server string = Samba PDC running %v
  socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192
SO_RCVBUF=8192

  ;PDC and master browser settings
  os level = 64
  preferred master = yes
  local master = yes
  domain master = yes
  wins support = yes
  hide unreadable = yes

  ;security and logging settings
  security = user
  encrypt passwords = yes
  domain logons = yes
  log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
  log level = 3
  keep alive = 10000
  max log size = 50
  hosts allow = 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.10
192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
  interfaces = 192.168.0.1
  add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 200 -s /bin/false
-M %u

  ;user profiles and home directory
  ;logon home = \\%L\%U\.profile
  logon home = \\%L\%U