Re: Debian

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 01:22:31PM -0700, gerald simpkin wrote:
> What I am most concerned about is getting help with the Debian problem I described (although it should be noted to send questions in plain text if that is the way you want to get it). I went to the Debian organizations website and it said if a new user (paraphrasing) has a problem to send questions to this email address (did not mention format). I got your message now what about an answer to my question? Is there a site I can go to for this information? Do you know how to solve this problem?

Well, if you say what the problem is, then there's a fighting chance it
might be addressed?  Keep in mind that this list is very high traffic,
and is manned by volunteers.

> If you want Debian to be the Linux flavor for professional programmers then form a private club and remove the manifesto from the website. If you want the Debian flavor to survive then I advise you to consider the masses otherwise it'll be a project of you and a thousand or so programmers.

I understand that debian is, in fact, doing extremely well, however,
as you say, there's always room to improve.

If you don't like the kind of support you're getting here, you could
consider trying the debian-planet website, or also the irc channel
called #debian which you can get to on irc.debian.org.

--
Mark Kent