Re: Problems with a Fresh install of Sarge

Christopher L. Everett wrote:

I've got Sarge installed, with a 2.6.0-test4 kernel installed, and
although everything is pretty much OK, minor annoyances remain:

1) Both Mozilla and the Firebird browser packs up at randomly:
so far the only consistency is that but only when I'm moving the
mouse around with the left button down to highlight text.

2) Application window text and button captions fail to repaint
after their windows come back to focus, also application text
disappears after being unhighlighted.

3) X11 seems to be loggin me out after several hours of disuse

4) nautilus-gtkhtml packs when I click on a link in gnome 2 help.

4) I can't get the thing to boot properly with the keyboard and
mouse plugged into the USB ports, but since I have hotplug
working I can switch over to USB after it boots.

Can anyone help me resolve these issues?

Have you tried running with a deb package 2.4 kernel to see how many of the issues are related to running 2.6?

--
Jacob