Re: ATI drivers 3.2.5, kernel 2.6-test4 and modules

Nick Lidakis wrote:
I have been trying my hardest to get ATI's 3.2.5 driver (the 3.2.5 are supposed to be kernel 2.6 compatible) module to compile with kernel 2.6-test4 on my Debian unstable box. I have read the kernel doc's concerning modules, but I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. I don't have any trouble with the 2.4 series.

<snip>

The error I keep getting when I run ./make.sh is:

marvin:/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod# ./make.sh
ATI module generator V 2.0
==========================
kernel includes at /lib/modules/2.6.0-test4/build/include not found or incomplete
file: /lib/modules/2.6.0-test4/build/include/linux/version.h

This happens if make a symlink to linux in /usr/source or edit the make.sh to point to /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6-test4

Any suggestions?

The link to the complete ATI installation tips is http://www2.ati.com/drivers/firegl/readme0325.txt

Lots of stuff changed from 2.4 to 2.6 and the ati drivers arent' totally prepared for it. Zinx on #ati (freenode) has a port that I'm using with my ATI 9800 + 2.6.0-test5. You can get it here:
http://zinx.xmms.org/misc/tmp/fglrx-module-3.2.5-for-2.6.0-test.tar.gz

Nothing changes as far as the setup goes, just use the tarball to build the kernel module and put it somewhere in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/

Hope that helps.

--

Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

"The Torah...  The Gospels...  The Koran...
Each claimed as the infallible word of GOD.
Misquoted, misinterpreted, misunderstood, and misapplied.
Maybe that's why he doesn't do any more interviews." - sinfest.net

CARPE NOCTEM, QUAM MINIMUM CREDULA POSTERO.

GPG public key: http://www.neverlight.com/pas/Mental.asc