ATI drivers 3.2.5, kernel 2.6-test4 and modules

I have been trying my hardest to get ATI's 3.2.5 driver (the 3.2.5 are supposed to be kernel 2.6 compatible) module to compile with kernel 2.6-test4 on my Debian unstable box. I have read the kernel doc's concerning modules, but I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. I don't have any trouble with the 2.4 series.

I use alien to convert ATI's .rpm to a deb, the use dpkg -i --force-overwrite fglr....deb to install it. Then i follow the rest of the ATI installation tips:

"In these cases you must build the configured sources of your kernel
 at /usr/src/linux - this is allowed to be a symlink.
 To build a customized kernel module you need administrator privileges.
You must manually start two shell scripts to build a customized kernel module.

 Perform the following steps:
     - get the matching Linux kernel source
     - run "make distclean"
     - setup that kernel source with the config file matching your kernel
     - run "make dep" on the kernel source tree
     - go to "/lib/module/fglrx/build_mod" and enter "./make.sh"
     - go to "/lib/module/fglrx" and enter "./make_install.sh"
Enter /lib/module/fglrx/build_mod and enter (as root) "./make.sh".
 Thus you will create a new customer-specific kernel module.
 If the creation fails, look up for the reason in the
 shell and in the related logfile "make.log"."

I don't run 'make dep' because it complains that I don't have to for the 2.6 kernels.

The error I keep getting when I run ./make.sh is:

marvin:/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod# ./make.sh
ATI module generator V 2.0
kernel includes at /lib/modules/2.6.0-test4/build/include not found or incomplete
file: /lib/modules/2.6.0-test4/build/include/linux/version.h

This happens if make a symlink to linux in /usr/source or edit the make.sh to point to /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6-test4

Any suggestions?

The link to the complete ATI installation tips is http://www2.ati.com/drivers/firegl/readme0325.txt