ssh command execution breaks window resizing

Hello,

I recently set up a launcher to ssh to a remote host and launch mutt.  I
noticed that mutt doesn't acknowledge window (xterm) resizes anymore.

I did some further testing and found that this breaks only when
specifying a command on the ssh command line, e.g.

ssh hostname -t mutt
ssh hostname -t bash -c mutt
ssh hostname -t bash

Any of the above result in a mutt that doesn't resize.  When I don't
specify a command on the ssh command line, i.e. "ssh hostname", and then
execute mutt from the remote shell prompt, it works fine.

I'm still trying to figure out why this is happening.  I've noticed it
with two machines, both running ssh 1:3.4p1.-1.woody.2 .  My client
machine is running 3.6.1p2-8 .

Anyone else see this?  My guess is that the sshd on the other side isn't
passing the SIGWINCH in to the running application.  It seems to have
been fixed in later versions, since it works at localhost (the one
that's running 3.6.1p2-8).  I didn't find anything about it in the
changelogs, though.  I guess it's probably unlikely that anybody else
would have any other versions to test with these days, since I assume
that everybody just updated to the same versions I did.

Any more data anybody has on this is helpful, though.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/