Re: Insert module at startup

Philippe Dhont   (Sea-ro) said:

> Hi,
>
> I have a portable with a broadcom netcard, debian woody an the latest
> stable
> kernel configured (2.4.22), i also downloaded the drivers for my broadcom
> netcard and when i start it manually (with insmod), i can ping etc. So the
> card is okay.
> But how can i add the module so that it starts when the system boots, i
> find
> information about modutils, modules.conf, ... But all this is not so
> clear!
> Could someone *plz* explain me clairly how i have to do it ? Or a link or
> whatever ?

I _really_ like modconf. I use it to add/configure modules into my system.
Just run the command and read the directions. The "hardest" thing about it
is knowing what group the driver your using falls under. In this case it
should be "kernel/drivers/net".

> And what dhcp client do i have to use ? Dhcpd ? Pump ? Dhclient ?

Whatever one you want, as long as it works for your setup ;). I use the
dhcp-client package without any issues.

--
Jacob
Trying out SquirrelMail