Re: CUPS insisting on completing print job

* Pigeon (jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk) wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 12:00:23PM -0700, Deryk Barker wrote:
> > I'm running woody with CUPs controlling an Epson C82.
> >
> > Problem: while configuring and testing a PDF converter in Open Office
> > I accidentally sent a raw pdf file to the printer. 200+KB...
> >

> (Though it's odd that it survived a reboot... not that I've ever tried
> that method of stopping it. Perhaps cupsd saves some state when you
> shut it down and resumes when you restart it, in order to avoid
> possibly losing print jobs???)
>
> Why you can't do this from within CUPS I don't know...
>
> (BTW my printers are "idle, accepting jobs" even when switched off
> and/or physically disconnected...)

I usually kill all the processes, and then go into /var/spool/cups, and
wipe out both the certificate and the spool file (it will be the one
at the bottom of the list), having first shut off the printer.  That
usually seems to do it, though the last couple of times I also deleted
the job through localhost:631/admin.  Some of that is probably
overkill, but it works.

Cam

--
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.