CUPS insisting on completing print job

I'm running woody with CUPs controlling an Epson C82.

Problem: while configuring and testing a PDF converter in Open Office
I accidentally sent a raw pdf file to the printer. 200+KB...

And here is where the problem starts: I cannot persuade (presumably)
CUPS to stop printing the damn thing. I've lprm'ed the request from
the queue, I've turned off the printer, I've disconnected the power
cable from the printer - for 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 24 HOURS!! (The
manual says 10 seconds will clear the print buffer).

I've rebooted, I've removed every damned file in the /var/spool/cups
directory and still when I put paper in the printer it continues with
the attempt to print raw PDF.

Now, I know this is not the printer's fault because after the lest
power disconnect I also disconnected the cable from the computer to
the printer, then powered it up. No problem. However, reattach the
printer cable and bingo - out comes the raw PDF again.

This is a real problem, makes the printer unusable until I have
finished printing all however many pages (at an average of 4-5 lines
printed per page, 200+K is going to consume around 600 pages...)

So, does anyone know how to get CUPS to *stop* retrying the printout.

BTW the CUPS perinter page claims that the printer (all queues) is
"idle, accepting jobs".

Well, something isn't idle. Any help at all will be greatly
appreciated.

--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |