Re: burning a lot of coasters

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 06:10, Mark Roach wrote:
>  I'm using growisofs as a normal user, and
> this is the error I keep getting

You should definately burn as root. Only root can change processes to
soft-realtime scheduling (instead of the standard scheduling
discipline). Realtime scheduling allows the burning process to get all
the CPU it needs, regardless of what other processes are doing. I have
never made any coasters, ever, burning as root.

For background info on scheduling (this is off topic, but interesting
none the less), man 2 sched_setscheduler.

Kind Regards
Crispin

--
Crispin Wellington <crispin@aeonline.net>